Whilst I was researching the audio series about Yorkshire I'm producing, called White Around Yorkshire, I was looking at Barnsley-born writer Joanne Harris' website. On it, she's got a list of "101 Little-Known Facts …" about her... and I thought what a great idea.
So, as not to copy exactly, I've gone for 48...
2. I was born in the same year as my home county of South Yorkshire – 1974.
3. I’ve worn glasses since the age of 7.
5. I have 4 dogs – but Maisie is really my dog.
7. The first single I ever bought was Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart” in 1982.
8. I’m left handed for writing, but ambidextrous for everything else.
9. I’m numerically dyslexic, and often get numbers in the wrong order when reading them out.
10. In fact I can’t spell either.
14. I just spelt “ambidextrous” correct above without the spell checker – but I’ve misspelt “spell” every time.
15. I was a Doctor Who fan in the days when it wasn’t trendy… #truefan
21. In the 6th Form I forsook A-Level Maths to record game shows in the common room.
22. I was told “You won’t get far forsaking A-Level Maths to record game shows” by one teacher.
23. I was accepted with an unconditional offer to the University of Wolverhampton on the strength on those game shows. Hah!
24. I was accepted at a Polytechnic and graduated from a University.
26. My favourite sit-coms are "Bewitched", "Open All Hours" and "Yes, Minister"
31. I love to play Badminton, in which being ambidextrous I have two backhands and two forehands. That confuses new players…
32. I do a mean air-piano to "Bohemian Rhapsody".
33. I believe in the fundamental interconnectedness of all things.
34. I am a regular singer at karaoke, with fairly mean renditions of "Common People", "Disco 2000", "Hotel California", "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" among others…
35. I’ve been practising "Total Eclipse of the Heart"… but haven’t premiered it yet.
36. I can remember Walkers Snaps being 8p.
38. All my cars have been called Murtel – apart from my current one, which is called Tabatha…
39. When I feel low, the music of Debbie Gibson lifts me up.
41. I say “cup” of tea, but I drink out of mugs.
42. See #33.
43. I’ve owned 4 cars in my life – a Peugeot 205, a Ford Fiesta, an apple green Nissan Micra and a new sky blue Nissan Micra.
44. I can’t play an instrument, but I’m very musical.
45. I started to play the cornet, but gave it up before secondary school. (Perhaps I should start again…)
46. My father-in-law and I once pushed a piano ¾ mile along the road to get it to my house.
47. I love girl’s names to end in an “a” sound; I think it comes from “Bewitched”…